Please note all orders placed online are shipped the following business day. Orders placed on Thursday will ship on Monday (including overnight and other expedited shipping options).
NEW! JUMPSTART – GREY MILLET
$7.34 — or subscribe and save 5%
JUMPSTART GREY MILLET
A CERTIFIED ORGANIC ENRICHMENT FOOD FOR PET BIRDS
Harrison’s JUMPSTART Grey Millet is a premium, certified organic preconditioning food for small pet birds to replace conventional seeds for 3 to 5 weeks prior to converting to an organic formulated diet.
Being organic, and grown without chemical additives, JUMPSTART Grey Millet actually helps your bird excrete toxins that may have accumulated from the intake of conventional seeds. This change in their body’s chemistry may result in a better appetite for a new diet.
Protein: 11%, Fat: 4%, Fiber: 10%, Moisture: 13%.
JUMPSTART Grey Millet Ingredients
*CERTIFIED ORGANIC INGREDIENT
Ingredients: Organic grey millet
Storage and Shelf Life
Harrison's is committed to protecting your bird from artificial preservatives. Here are some suggestions to keep your food fresh without preservatives:
- Squeeze all air out of the bag and zip it shut at the top.
- If the zip lock gets removed or damaged, fold the top over several times and close with a clip.
- Keep food in original bag. Do not repackage into plastic bags or containers.
- Use contents within 8 weeks of opening bag.
- Purchase Harrison's foods only in their original packaging.
- Refrigeration or freezing after opening may help maintain freshness.
Converting to Harrison's
- Consult with an avian veterinarian before any diet change and annually thereafter.
- Mix Harrison's with your bird's current diet and note acceptance.
- If your bird needs more time, taper amount given over four weeks, increasing Harrison's by 25% each week (reducing other food by 25%) until you can safely remove the previous food altogether.
- If needed, scatter Harrison'snuggets over white paper or a mirror on the floor of the enclosure.
Feed JUMPSTART Omega in conjunction with Harrison’s Bird Foods certified organic formulas. For small birds offer in amounts show using the chart below. For larger birds use suggested amount in a mash or grind fresh daily and add to a small amount of moist vegetable for consumption.
A bird's daily diet should be 75-80% Harrison's Bird Foods, 15-20% organic dark green leafy or dark yellow meaty vegetables and fruits (including sweet potatoes, carrots, pumpkin, winter squash, broccoli, parsley, spinach, mango or papaya) and 5% omega-rich seeds and nuts (flax, chia, perilla, or JumpStart Omega). Do not offer vitamins unless directed by your avian veterinarian. Do not use other formulated diets in conjunction with Harrison's or you could reduce the benefits. Harrison's ingredients are not processed in a manner that destroys naturally occurring seasonal characteristics. Variations in color, texture and nugget size may result and are normal.