Special uses for High Potency Formulas:
• Year-round formula for all medium to large parrots, especially African greys, cockatoos, large conures, eclectus, macaws and pionus. Other species may be switched to Adult Lifetime Formula after a 6-8 month conversion period.
• Conversion: All birds should start out and remain on High Potency Formula for a period of at least 6 months.
• Special needs: for birds that are molting, *overweight, underweight, particularly active, housed in a cold climate, recovering from an illness or affected by liver or kidney disease.
• Weaning Birds: Feed High Potency Formula for at least 6-9 months.
• Breeding Birds: Please visit: harrisonsbirdfoods.com/breedingbirds
Most small birds (budgies/canaries etc.) should start out on HIGH POTENCY SUPER FINE
Most small to medium species (cockatiel/dove etc.) should start out on HIGH POTENCY FINE
Most med/large species (African Greys/Amazons etc.) should start out on HIGH POTENCY COARSE
All birds switching to Harrison’s should start out and remain on High Potency for a period of at least 8 months. After 8 months some birds may then switch to Adult Lifetime.
Certain species (African Grey and larger Macaw for example) should remain on High Potency. Most birds can remain on High Potency indefinitely.
*In most cases of overweight birds, Harrison’s recommends feeding High Potency (rather than Adult Lifetime) as birds meet nutritional needs with less food provided.
Decrease amounts fed (meals) if necessary to fine tune weight.
Birds with fatty liver issues should adhere to strict feeding regimen, discontinuing seed and table food once bird is safely converted to High Potency. Additional items such as organic, dark green/yellow/orange vegetables may be of benefit.